Monday, January 25, 2010

Precious minutes of time

January rains with cold damp air outside.  Inside the house it's warm and cozy...for those of us wearing sweaters and flannel.  Michael is fast asleep and is completely at rest.  It defies my imagination that it could only be 24 hours before we have to leave for Lansing and he's sleeping while I try to stay calm. Today is part fun and some work getting last minute details worked out.  I can't believe that I have to sign a power of attorney for my son today.  How could that be?
Michael's favorite cinnamon rolls are in the oven.  Dinner will be a steak dinner at his brothers house where the three kids will run around like pinballs causing absolute chaos and the adults will hang dearly onto every minute and every laugh.  I hope like crazy that his niece and nephews remember him in the years he is away.  They are nearly 5, nearly 2 and 7 months old, perhaps a pipe dream, but I worry.

Pasting a smile on my face and heading to the kitchen in my flannel jammies.....

anne

No comments:

Post a Comment